Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Return!

Well...It’s been a few days since my last blog. OK, 64 days to be exact. To be honest, I have no excuses other than things got very busy between school, work, and vacations. I’ve had the itch though. Don’t worry, I don’t have crabs. I’ve had the itch to sit down and share a few stories. And I feel obligated to get back in the game after receiving emails from friends of ours, Cole and Suni Stinson. Apparently, my lack of blogging has been “directly affecting Cole’s sex life” and Suni has vowed to hold out until I post something. Well, I can’t have that! Who knew my written words were such a turn on for Suni! ;-) So Cole, buddy. Here you go. Wherever you are at, drop everything and rush to a bedroom to bump the uglies. (My wife hates it when I refer to sex like that.)

Alas, I’m not going to blog about Suni and Cole’s sex life. After all, that would be a pretty short topic. ;-0

Instead, I think I will post a little story about a recent vacation we took to Wisconsin with my family. Every summer when my brother Jeff and his family come home we all take a family vacation together with my parents. This year we went to Lake Minocqua in the northwood of Wisconsin. Beautiful country and we had a wonderful time! So that is 14 of us in one house which sometimes leads to some uncomfortable situations. Lucky for me, I find those uncomfortable situations to be hilarious and thought I would share one with you all.

So you all know my sister Lindsey and her husband Andy, right? Well they have 2 adorable girls, Kassidy (2) and Braylee (4 months). And for those of you with small children you may remember how difficult it is to find some alone time. Well, around 3:00 in the afternoon one day Andy and Lindsey thought they had found the perfect time to sneak away for some “Alone Time”. Kassidy was with my mom and she wondered where her parents were. So Mom and Kassidy went searching. It didn’t take them long as they knocked once and the charged right into Andy and Lindsey’s bedroom! I won’t go into much detail here, but let’s just say I’m proud of Andy for getting up the nerve to moon my mom. Even if it wasn’t planned! And my mom in complete shock put Kassidy down and ran out of the room... Leaving Kassidy behind with her parents! Good thing I’m not one to give anyone a hard time. ;-)

So there you have it... Andy got some; Cole is going to get some. Maybe it’s my turn? I better get upstairs!

Oh, and I will try and get my Friday posts back up. I will be in TX Tuesday – Friday and then head to MN on Sunday. So I should have plenty of time in the evenings to share some stories about a recent canoe trip where I challenged death and once again came away the victor.

3 comments:

The Stinsons said...

So glad you're back!! Poor Andy...I'm sure that's an image your mom will never forget. HAA!

jenni said...

I can't believe you put that on your blog!! and, how did you challenge death?? more stupidity than anything else!

cbstinso said...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Timmy!! Who would have ever though Tim Whitehead's written word would be such a potent aphrodisiac.