Friday, July 25, 2008

Busy Week!

Good Friday everyone! I’m working from home today, so I thought I would do a quick blog.

It’s been a really busy couple of weeks. If you read my last blog, I flew down to San Antonio the night before our wedding anniversary. I know, what a guy.

(Side note: A cute blond on the Price Is Right, just gave a shout out to her Tattoo Artist while she was spinning the big wheel. What the hell?)

Anyway, so my trip to TX went really well… Except for the flights. Granted, a bird did not shit on me while I was boarding the plane, but we can’t all have the luck of Cole Stinson.

First off, I try to share my mistakes with others so you can all learn from me. Tip 1: Do not order Buffalo wings right before you get on a plane for 2 hours. It makes it very difficult to take a nap. Tip 2: Apparently Spicy Nachos with refried beans is not a better option.

Other than some uncomfortable moments (see tip 1 above), the flight to San Antonio was fairly uneventful. I wish I could say the same about the flight back.

Trying to fly out of San Antonio I sat in the plane for 50 minutes. Nothing is worse than sitting in a plane for 50 minutes without air conditioning. Luckily we finally were able to take off and after a couple of Sky Vodka on the rocks I was in a better mood. And the fact that the guys sitting next to me bought a Playboy magazine helped the time fly by. I can’t remember her name, but there is a blond tennis player that is… never mind.

Unfortunately, while I was sitting in the airplane in San Antonio, I got an email letting me know that my flight from Chicago to Cedar Rapids was canceled and they booked me on the 10:00 flight the next morning. Great!!! When we landed in Chicago, I quickly surveyed my options and decided to catch a flight to Dubuque. And my gracious wife agreed to pick me up, which is a scary thought since at the time she was at Hacienda drinking a Marg! Luckily, after Jaime asked where I80 was Brandon and Monica decided they better go with her.

As I sat in the plane waiting to fly to Dubuque we were alerted to another delay. The plane hit a bird on the way in and we couldn’t fly out until they cleaned it off! At this point I’m thinking three things. 1) Here we go again, 2) What was that tennis player’s name? 3) I hope they smoked big birds ass on the way in. I hate that damn bird.

After they cleaned the bird off, we were told it was going to be another 30 minutes as there was an “incident” with another plane that was blocking one of the runways. So we are 20th in line to fly out.

Anyway, to make a long story short(er), Jaime, Monica, and Brandon road tripped to pick me up and we made it back to Center Point around 2:30 in the morning!

With all the travel, I forgot that I signed up to play in a 2-man best-shot golf tournament on Sunday morning. So I tried to round up some people to play. Unfortunately, with less than 24 hours notice, finding players was not easy. So on to plan B. Sunday marked my 5-year old son Cole’s debut to best-shot golf. And to make it even better, Cole and I flighted in and he won $15. He was pretty excited. Below is a picture of him in action.



After the golf tournament, I packed up the family and we all headed to Owatonna, MN. We have an office up there so I was going to be in meetings for two days. Luckily, they have a hotel with an indoor waterpark. So Jaime and the kids decided to come along. The kids really enjoyed it and I think they are in love with Waterslides now! For those of you not familiar with MN, you can only buy wine at liquor stores. So Jaime even took the kids on there first field trip to a liquor store. God, I love that woman!

I don’t have a picture of the kids at the park yet. But here is one of them with cousin Tanner on vacation.



Well, I better get some real work done. Until later…

3 comments:

The Stinsons said...

Tim, that was your most thought-provoking post yet. Damn… a bunch of things come to mind…

(1) That is not a “quick post.” It was too late to make a long story “short(er).” Granted, I am not complaining… pure entertainment… just sayin’…

(2) How much effort does it take to round up people for a two-man golf tournament? Isn’t that just one other person you need on your team?

(3) It takes some extraordinary luck to get shat on by a bird, period. So don’t get disheartened yet. Your time will come.

(4) Congrats to Cole!!! I can tell from the picture that he already has much better technique that I do.

(5) How can you hate Big Bird, you sick bastard? Do you hate Santa Claus, too?

(6) Minnesota’s liquor laws are progressive compared to Tennessee’s. Here, you have to go to six different stores just to get enough booze for a dinner party (if you have dinner parties), carry it all out in a paper bag, and make sure no one sees you. And, of course, the various stores are only open on Saturday, because that is the only that there is no Baptist church event.

tw said...

OK buddy. Let me see if I can shed some light to your comments.

(1) OK, you got me here. But like I said, I was "working" from home. I had some time to kill.

(2) Yes, it was only a two man. But we signed up for all the spots on the hole so I was actually trying to find a partner for me and two other players to fill the other spot. Turned out, nobody wanted to play with me.

(3) I can only wait and hope. Until then, the honor is all yours.

(4) He doesn't drink. So that may help.

(5) If you only saw what Santa Clause did to my mom one year.

(6) I thought everyone in TN made their own hooch?

tw said...

For those of you interested, the Tennis pro's name is Ashley Harkleroad. Ah... Now I can sleep. maybe...