Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Great Seth Rogan Debate

So last night I was downstairs working on some homework, but mostly watching TV when the Jay Leno show came on. Now, I normally don’t watch Jay Leno (I like they guy, just not a big talk show fan) unless a real hot chick is his guest. Well last night his guest was Seth Rogan who was plugging his new movie “The Pineapple Express”. Well, this captured my attention and I had to tune in.

So you may be thinking, “Why the hell would Seth Rogan capture Tim’s attention?” Well it all goes back to a day back in October when Jaime and I were watching the movie “Knocked Up”, which I thought was hilarious, when Jaime out of the blue remarked on the fact that Seth Rogan reminds her of our good friend Cole S. ( I didn’t provide the full last name to protect Mr. Stinson’s privacy). I think I blew beer out of my nose when she made that comment. And yes, I often drink beer while watching romantic movies with my wife. And yes, I consider Knocked Up a romantic movie. It has sex anyway. Sex = Romance, simple as that.

I probably wouldn’t blog about this but the timing of the whole thing was just to damn good! The fact that Seth Rogan was on TV to remind me of this story on the same week that Cole and Suni are heading to Iowa had to be more than a coincidence. The good Lord must have planned this fate so that I could bring back some good memories for everyone!

Now... This was a private conversation between Jaime and me until I shared this little tidbit with Cole at Brandon & Monica’s wedding back in November (Wedding was on the 10th, but I believe this conversation was on the 9th. I could be wrong, alcohol was involved). Let’s just say Cole wasn’t thrilled with being compared to a pot-smoking Canadian that got his start in a short lived TV show called Geeks & Freaks. Which I actually enjoyed until it got canceled.

To Jaime’s defense, she never thought Cole actually looked like Seth Rogan. She just thought his personality and how he talked reminded her of Cole. Which she tried to explain over and over and over and over... Well you get the picture. However, this didn’t seem to sit much better with our buddy Cole. When I look back, I think Cole was most upset because she compared him to a Canadian. Not that there is anything wrong with Canadians, some of my favorite people are Canadian, eh. And Jaime just kept digging a bigger and bigger hole. In fact, here is a photo that sums it up pretty good.


Now personally, I think it’s a rather humorous debate... And thought I would open the discussion up to all of you. I have a new poll posted to the left. And here are some nice photos of Cole and Seth Rogan.

Oh... And Cole. Looking forward to seeing you guys again! And for the record, I did not agree with my wife. Although I find Seth Rogan to be a rare comedic genius and so in that regards, I guess he does remind me a bit of Cole. But for the rest of you... Please cast your vote.






2 comments:

The Stinsons said...

I just peed on myself a little bit! HAA! It's the chin isn't it, Jaime?! Come on, fess up. You actually do think they look alike! Too funny. Can't wait to see you guys.

The Stinsons said...

I knew something was up when I was driving around downtown Chattanooga looking for my hotel and my phone started lighting up. First, a text from Tim telling me he had blogged early because Suni and I would be on the road on Friday. Then Suni called laughing and telling me to check the Whitehead blog. OK, I know Suni thinks Tim is a comic version of Hunter Thompson, but what the hell?

I finally found the damn hotel, rushed upstairs and fired up the laptop, only to see my mug plastered beside Seth freakin’ Rogen! Dude, I have been laughing for ten minutes straight. I am still not sure what is funnier – Tim’s commentary or the picture of Jaime and I that really does sum it all up. A picture really is worth a thousand words. It transports me right back to that exact conversation… and it was a doozy.

I don’t think I look like Seth Rogen. I actually wish I did, but I’m even uglier than that poor bastard. Personality-wise, I don’t see it, but I have been compared to much, much worse. So, I’ll take what I can get. I completely see where you are coming from, though, Tim. God, Jaime, you should have just explained that top me at Brandon and Monica’s wedding. LOL! Instead, the conversation so poignantly photographed went something like this:

Jaime: “Cole, I don’t mean to be mean. You don’t really look like Seth Rogen… I mean, well, you do have a fat face and double chin like him, but what I mean is you act like he did in that movie…”

Cole: “Oh, my God Jaime, are you serious?”

Jaime: (long pause, flipping of the hair, and looking off at some distant point above my head) “Well, I mean… yeah… but that’s a good thing. I mean, you’re loud… and you try to be funny… um, your funny… see, that’s what I mean. Seth Rogen is hilarious!”

Cole: “OK, Jaime. Well, thanks.”

Jaime: “I’m not doing a good job of explaining it. Tim, tell him why he reminds us of Seth Rogan.” (Tim just laughs and shakes head).

This is a very abbreviated version of the conversation, and I took some artistic license, but it’s a good sample.

Two last things. First, thank you for protecting my privacy. Second, your favorite people are Canadians? Who??