Friday, April 25, 2008

To be or not to be

I’ve decided that on Friday’s I’m going to try and take the time to write about whatever the hell I feel like. Last week of course was my debut with a debate about what I lovingly refer to as my “Junk”. What better to follow up that in-depth piece than with a post about Jaime’s female anatomy! I had a great post all ready to go titled “To C or not to C: My Wife’s pursuit of the perfect C cups.”

Unfortunately, she said if I posted anything about her anatomy there would be no need for the Peter Peter Cottontail debate because we would begin practicing abstinence. Hmm… Did I find a way out of surgery?

After a couple of days debating this choice, I’ve decided to change my topic. So consider this…

To be or not to be: Tim’s pursuit to get in shape.

If you know my wife, she can eat all day and doesn’t seem to gain a pound. And to make things worse, she’s got a 6-pack after having 2 kids! Me on the other hand, the only time I have a six-pack is when I buy one at the grocery store! Mmmm… I could use a beer now. But anyway, I digress.

A few weeks ago, fueled by a streaking incident (don’t ask), I decided its time to get my fat ass in shape. My wife and I recently purchased a workout video called Hip Hop Abs with Shaun T. Shaun T looked like a pretty cool dude in his info commercial. I now think he’s a butt pirate. Sorry, my mom hates that term. I now think he’s a little bit on the fem side.

So now picture this… Jaime, Blasi, Cole and I all downstairs doing hip hop abs together! With moves like “The Freak”, “Get Busy”, and “Night Fever”. I am so glad we finally got shades up in our basement!

Now my pursuit to lose a few pounds has proven a couple of things to me.
• I have absolutely no hip hop skills. Seriously, my body is not even able to move the way some of these moves require.
• My kids take after my Wife.
• I need to work out by myself because I get too distracted by my Wife and her ability to dance.
• Doing Hip Hop abs after a few beers isn’t the best idea.

So there you have it, I’ve committed to get into shape, at least a shape that isn’t quite as round as my current shape. I’m thinking this will become more of a personal struggle between me getting off my lazy ass and doing some exercise and my love to do anything BUT exercise! Like drink beer and play golf!

Anyway, until next time. Drink and be merry… And if you talk to my wife, tell her to quit the excuses and start blogging!!!

2 comments:

The Stinsons said...

Oh, if I could be a fly on the wall in the Whitehead basement!! Cole's been on the same work-out regimen(beer and golf)that you have for years. Maybe when we come back to IA you can do Hip Hop abs together!!

jenni said...

just remember that being a member of the Fat-Kids-Club you cannot use the word diet, and you need to be careful not to lose too much weight, or you will be kicked out. Working out after a few beers sounds like my kind of workout. Forget that hip hop shit!