Monday, October 27, 2008

Sports Depression, Palin, and Betrayal.

Since things have been a little busy and I haven’t had a chance to blog as much as I would like, I find that I have all kinds of thoughts and feelings building up inside of me. So I thought I would get a few out today. Albeit, they may be a little delayed... It got a little lengthy, so I’m going to break it down into 3 parts.

Part 1 – Sports Depression
Between the Chicago Cubs and Iowa Football, this fall has sucked and I’m in a bit of a sports depression!!! I haven’t even watched any of the World Series yet... I’m sure nobody is questioning the disappointment of the Chicago Cubs epic let down AGAIN. My problem is you can’t even call this year’s collapse a let down. They failed to even show up. I have never seen so many players waste so many at bats. It’s like they didn’t even have a game plan on what they wanted to do at the plate! I’ve seen little leaguers have a better game plan than some of those guys. For the first time in my life, I’m thinking of switching to a different team. Perhaps the Angels or UCLA softball. Maybe the Bad News Bears. At least they showed some f-ing heart! Anyway, it’s almost November and I’m over it. Kind of...

Some of you may be thinking “Hey, the Hawkeyes are starting to play some good ball” and wonder how I can throw them in this conversation. I can only respond to that with a big ole, WHO GIVES A FLYING F@CK! I’m tired of the passive-aggressive Iowa fans that are content with an 8-9 win season. I don’t even want to win 10 games and play in the Rose Bowl anymore. I want to run the fricking schedule and go 11-0 and play for a national title! Is that too much to ask for? And to think we would be undefeated right now if the coaches would have decided on a QB before the first game and work out those jitters against weak teams! Hell, with a back like Shonn Greene, why do you even need a QB?!? We wasted this guy’s talent and I will be surprised if he comes back for another year. Don’t get me wrong though... I still love me some Hawkeyes and am not looking for a new college football team. I’m just tired of people settling for mediocrity. I went to Mount Mercy College and we never lost 1 damn football game. That’s how you build a legacy!

Two closing thoughts here:
1) Vote for Shonn Greene for the Heisman.

2) If you’re looking for an interesting Hawkeye Football blog, check out Jeff Buch’s blog “Jeffrey the Greek”. The author was a perennial bench warmer for the hawks from 1996-2000 and has some interesting views on the upcoming games.

Sorry to rant, I had to get that off my chest. Go Hawks! And for that other team that rips my heart out and stomps on it until it...well, wait tell frickin next year.

1 comment:

jenni said...

Does MMC even have football?? or am I (almost) falling for another TW joke?? I agree, you want the teams you support to be great, but to walk away and look for a new team? Where is your loyalty? your love?? By the way, how are the Dolphins doing this year? didn't you like them when you were a kid, or do they suck to bad and you lost your loyalty to them?? I could use another 49er fan, they suck, but at least I am loyal.

But, I 2 was bummed about the
Cubbies, it would be so great to see them make it all the way. Maybe it would produce a World Series worth watching!!